Monday, October 27, 2014

Post 14 (10/27/14)

Hey gang, how's everyone been. Things have actually been really good here. I know last time I mentioned some of the stresses that we've been facing, but I feel like we've now successfully rode the wave of stressful energy into a place of confidence. Confidence that we have made the right choices and confidence that everything is working out exactly the right way for our family.

We have been steadily moving forward with the sale of our home, MUCH faster than any of us expected, including our real estate agent, Aaron Ward. Aaron is a good friend of mine and has proven to be a fantastic partner in the scary process of selling our home. He's made us feel confident in every step of this process. Let me tell you, it's been difficult for so many reasons; this is the first house we've ever owned, the yard can't be beat with the space and the pool,
this is the home we came home to from our honeymoon, and one that keeps popping up in my head more and more, this is the home both of our babies were brought to from the hospital. In reality though, these are all little things that are important in my mind and in my memories, where they will remain no matter where we live. The beauty of this whole process is that we know the people we are selling it to, we are good friends with them, and we know that this place will be just as important to them, if for different reasons.

It's also exciting that we're moving forward on a brand new house that will have more room for our family, closer to work for my wife, and overall will be an improvement for us. As long as this house sells on time, like it looks like it is, we should be moving at the beginning of the new year. That being said, this is potentially a very scary time for my wife and I. I've moved a lot in my life, and helped many others move as well but I've never moved with kids. I'm nervous about the logistics of the whole process but I think I'm even more nervous about getting the kids settled and comfortable in a whole new place.
The model we're looking at
In other news, Halloween is coming quickly (4 days away) and my daughter is pretty excited about it this year. She has been demanding to be Zarina, the Pirate Fairy, since she saw the movie. She briefly said she wanted to be a character from Monster High, but when faced with both costumes in front of her she went quickly back to the Pirate Fairy. So, now I'll be trying my hand at making her a pirate fairy sword seeing as we can't find any anywhere. I'm actually a little excited about it because my dad just gave me a band saw that will come in handy for this project :) With the excitement for the holiday, my daughter has also showed a new interest in facepaint and makeup. She's been watching some pretty cool videos on YouTube about facepainting, here's one she's been watching. She's even attempted a little herself since mommy was kind enough to get her some paints.


The boy, being only one, has no idea what's happening but we still got something cool to put him in for Trick or Treating. We found awesome Darth Vader pajamas with a cape and all. I'll be sporting a Darth Vader Sugar Skull T-shirt while I carry him around in order to strengthen his theme, hahaha. My daughter is very excited though and that always breaths new life into any holiday, when the offspring are discovering them all over again.




I also want to quickly point out another great, and very personal blog, by an old friend of mine that I recommend. You guys should follow her and share in her life adventure. Check out Colleen's blog at, Searching and Servitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment